"Can you give me a price for"

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by debit cruncher, Mar 20, 2009.

1. debit cruncher

debit cruncher New Member

Just had a phone call from a quote we put in last week, for a boiler swap. The women (landlady) wants a price for labour only, do you think I should itemize everything down to the rawplugs??? now that would 5cuk her up :)

2. wise uncle

wise uncle New Member

Give an hourly rate price. Plus sundries for screws, plugs any extra parts not supplied.
    Also state that you only supply a labour only warranty with that & any problems there after are subject to call out charges & additional labour charges if any problems with customers own materials.

3. imran_

imran_ New Member

Easy for me... Labour only at same rate as supply. All parts required at merchant retail price (£10/15mm length or whatever), labour only guarantee (if I come out and it's a parts fault you WILL be charged), any problems, missing parts, wrong flue, etc. add 1 day labour and re-schedule when they get the right parts. Charge for time spent getting parts required if not provided or on van.

I'm cool with that - my profit margin just went up loads!!

4. debit cruncher

debit cruncher New Member

Like i said to my partner, if we turn up and theres bits missing we charge them a days work. If they think they can save some cash on buying the boiler, then they can also do all the running round for it.
    Why do people always assume that tradesmen are ripping them off?

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Just charge the same price!

6. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Know thats good business sense Captain :)

7. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

If you need the work negotiate with her or offer a cheaper boiler (if you can). If you don't give her the price with all the caveats and allow for some hassle within that even.