Can you tell me what this is?

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Jen2021, Jul 20, 2021.

  1. Jen2021

    Jen2021 New Member

    This is some kind of steel dowel post with a hole drilled, from a flat pack bed. The screw end is attached to the headboard, while the end with the hole is inserted into the cut end of the side plank of the bed frame, and then secured by some kind of screw via a routed hole in the side of the plank. THink the dowel is about 6mm in dia. Edit.jpg The screw fittings have gone awol during a house move, so currently sleeping on floor. Help!
    I cant find anything that looks like this online, but maybe searching for the wrong thing.

    Any clues gratefully accepted.

    Jen Edit.jpg
  2. Jen2021

    Jen2021 New Member

    Apologies for double pic.
  3. nigel willson

    nigel willson Screwfix Select

    Are there any other parts that go with them. Do you know who made the bed
  4. Jen2021

    Jen2021 New Member

    Hi Nigel, the parts that complete the join are missing. I think they are some kind of broad headed screw. Cant remember who made the bed but I bought it about 10 years ago from Carpet right Beds. Probably made in China....

Share This Page