Cannot find cable entry cover online

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Mike8, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Mike8

Mike8 New Member

Hello

Does anyone know what the name is for the cable cover that is fixed to external walls covering up the entry point for cable tv/broadband wiring? I see one on pretty much every wall on my street but cannot find it online. If I could attach a picture I would but I get an error, so I can only describe it: it looks like an upside down cone (normally black or brown) which butts up against the wall to hide the entry point of the cable as well as the piece of cable that stretches down to the pavement. Any ideas?

Thank you!

2. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

3. Mike8

Mike8 New Member

Thanks sparky steve, it fits the description but the one i'm looking for extends down to the pavement and would be around 8-10 inches tall.

4. Mike8

Mike8 New Member

I've changed my profile pic to the thing i'm looking for...

5. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

In BT language it is a "Connector Bend no 1" clearly because it is neither a connector, nor a bend!!

these guys have it in galvanised

https://www.millsltd.com/default/connector-bend-no-1.html

Connector Bend No. 4 is plastic, but a different design

who knows what happened to 2 & 3, probably lost in stores along with "Writing Instrument, Graphite No 2"

6. Tony Goddard

7. Tony Goddard

8. Mike8

Mike8 New Member

Wow not an easy thing to come by. Thank you Tony.

9. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Probably they are in the garages of retired BT engineers. Maybe next to retained Pliers,Wiring No 2 ( better known as 81’s)

I still have mine!:D

bright_Spark likes this.
  10. bright_Spark

bright_Spark Screwfix Select

:D:D:D:D