Can't use hosepipe on outdoor tap

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Saria, Aug 1, 2018.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I would just do the PTFE first, if it works it's taken 30 seconds and virtually no expense.

2. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

Yep true.

I only mention replacing it because I did mine a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased - the handle is so much easier to turn and it looks nicer :)

3. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I don’t know why nobody replied to this IIR.

I thought your answer explained the symptoms shown on the video. Just a busted connector.

furious_customer likes this.
  4. Saria

Saria New Member

So this seems to have done the trick! There is still a tiny bit of dripping happening from somewhere on the tap, but it is not spraying like it was before and the connector doesn't get blown off either. :)

As for the connector missing tangs, it might look like that in the picture but it's not, there are three tangs, then a hole, then three again, hole etc. That's the way it is supposed to be, so no fault with the hose connector bit itself.

As for the tap, I will probably get it replaced in the future as I don't like it much, but for now this seems to work fine! Thank you everyone for the replies, I really appreciate the help! :)