Cap off 3/4 inch copper pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Adam Ruff, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Adam Ruff

Adam Ruff New Member

I am trying to find fittings to cap off a 3/4 inch water pipe having removed an unwanted sink. I am looking for compression fittings to avoid soldering, does anyone know what I need?

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

22 mm compression fitting ,with a 3/4 olive instead of the 22 mm olive
    screwfix code 6428G is the 22 mm stop end fitting ,don't know if they do 3/4 olives. but any plumbers merchants will.

Adam Ruff and KIAB like this.
  3. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

I presume 22mm?? but if you search for 22mm compression stop end that should do it.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

outside diameters are different between 22 mm and 3/4 inch ,that's why you need a different size olive.

KIAB likes this.
  5. Adam Ruff

Adam Ruff New Member

Thank you terrymac, very helpful

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

your welcome mate.by the way 3/4 inch pipe is unusual supply size for a sink .what makes you think its 3/4 ? more common supply for a bath or central heating ?

7. Adam Ruff

Adam Ruff New Member

It has a 15mm above the floorboards which is where I have capped it off now but below the floor, where I really want to cap it, the hot has a larger pipe which I think is coming from the bath supply. I realised something was odd when a 22mm pipe cutter didn't go through the pipe. The plumbing is quite old so I wouldn't be surprised its imperial.