Car tyres and punctures

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sospan, Jan 6, 2019.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

The biggest problem at the moment isnt potholes.

Its the fact that due to the slashed budgets and/or privatisation/outsourcing, when roundabouts and junctions are reworked its just a complete bodge.

Old markings arent stripped off or dug out. They are just painted over with black paint.

When it gets dark and wet it is impossible to differentiate lanes and filters. At busy spots it is chaos. And often not at all the motorists fault

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Ok. Slightly leftfield.

Allsorts likes this.
  3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So absolutely nothing to do with the EU at all :p

Heat likes this.
  4. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

In his statement it was to do with the EU, as in the EU bribed the countries I listed with the promise of massive amounts of our money for road building, hence the big Motorway in the Costa del Sol, Motorways that were started but never finished in Ireland (its strange driving on them and suddenly having to leave as they just ends?)

Heat likes this.
  5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Was it really, well done you. :)

6. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

It was partly blaming the EU.
    Somehow the U.K. has roads getting aged and neglected, while the rest of the EU roads seem to be improving with EU funds.
    But we do also have our politicians to blame.

7. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Indeed. And that's the prolonged austerity caused by the mere threat of a youknowwhat.

What to do following a financial crisis? Yep, make a decision that will nobble the economy even more and prolong austerity even further.

It's almost funny. I bet it is funny looking at it from the outside - more popcorn anyone?

Apparently us Brits used to be consider sensible and level-headed.

8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

And then the world saw how some try and stop a democratic vote by any underhand tactics they can.

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Who is trying to stop it?

You guys are doing a great job destroying your own dreams all on your own.

Like a bunch of zombies stumbling to disaster.

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Hello.
    Wake up.
    You and yours have been for the last 2.5 years.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Brexiteers have been in charge all the way, it's just a stupid idea run by stupid people.

12. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

We have not been in charge, nor have we had much of an influence on what has been happening.
    In fact the only influence we have is we can make our opinion known and the politicians do know they will suffer at next elections if they try to swerve Brexit

13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

See this is something that highlights how badly those on the "winning side" have played their hands and also how they misunderstood the referendum.

The vote to Leave didnt mean the "winning side" got to control anything, nor did it mean anyones opinion was worth more than anyones elses post result. It also didnt mean the country was duty bound to complete a Brexit defined by those on the Leave side.

It was simply a decision to start the process of leaving.

That process should have involved the whole country.

But for many it was the chance to lord it and a chance to settle scores and dictate.

That has catastrophically misfired. Thats why many on the Leave side are so angry.

As for the claims that Brexit isnt being delivered or that MPs are traitors. This is nonsense. Brexit will only be what is delivered at the end of the process. What it is is whatever the process produces

14. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

I actually largely agree with you, but I would have worded it different.
    Most of the Leavers did not expect or want “control” with the exception of voting for more control to given to all the people in U.K.

[Brexit means Brexit] as our prime minister did say, and that terribly basic statement surely only meant one thing - we fully leave.
    The Leavers are not getting angry because Brexit has supposedly “misfired” due to “dictate”.
    Any anger that might be from the Leavers side is surely justifiable with any attempt to stay in the EU by government.

“The process should have involved the whole country”

Yes it should and I want us all involved. But how will that work with those Remainers who say there should be another vote, we should stay in EU, the Leavers are stupid or racist etc, ???
    I see some Remainers who are accepting change, but it would be good to see the rest supporting a process of LEAVING and not continue in their process of objecting to leaving and futile attempts of complete reversal of our EU vote.

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The leavers have been angry from day one.

16. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Not all of them. And there has been happiness and optimism at various times.
    The Remainers have been extremely angry, (well a lot of them have) since the vote happened. And I do not mean that to sound rude.

I think it is accurate to say that the put downs from one side against another would probably be very much from the Remainers against the Leavers. “Stupid, uneducated, racist, too old to vote” was what I heard clearly and repeatedly from the angry Remainers.
    Very difficult to be insulted worse.

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The vocal leavers on here have been angry since day one, when we didn't instantly storm out of the EU the day after the vote they have been angry.

18. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Probably agree with you, but both sides seem angry.
    Only thing that will get me angry is if we still work under EU rules without much benefit.
    Hard to believe this thread is about car tyre punctures. :p

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Perhaps you shouldn't have turned it into another brexit thread then.

20. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

This was covered yesterday, do keep up.

No one in change of Brexit is a leaver.

You even have Remainers possibly breaking the Law in a desperate bid to stop Brexit (Bercow)