cards-in ?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by stevie.c, Oct 27, 2005.

1. stevie.c

stevie.c New Member

Got a letter in my wages today informing me the inland revenue are to scrap the CIS card scheme and replace it with a harder to qualify tax system.www.new-cis.com My boss is instigating being an employee come spring 2006,ive been self- employed 23years and would prefer to stay so,ive been with this company 6months and on day rate all this time earning £130 a day.Was wondering what cards-in lads earn ,and what do you think my employee wages should be to equate to what im getting now ?I know its very difficult,just tring to find out as much as possible so when i see the boss i will have a few questions for him.

2. bodget&scarpers

bodget&scarpers New Member

any goverment hates s/e people,as they cant keep tabs on them,but these small/young firms produce jobs/employment and will then go on 2 pay the goverment a massive amount of taxes,i remember the old 715,worked well!
    but scrapped.
    look at all your highly paid members of parliment,all the scams they r on,not many get investigated by the i:r :(

3. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

I am shocked! I have just been to the afore listed site and read the prelim rubbish. I cant belive that from april 2007 you have to contact the inland rev or HMRC as they are now known, before you can pay a contractor and find out their status. What a pile of Bllcks. Apparently it is to make things easier!!!!
    With a monthly return to be filed as well...

unbeleiveable, talk about Big Brother

Woody

4. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

Is this going to be another reason to use a limited company? I will look up this CIS thing when I get a chance but I'm trying to catch up with 3 months postings on here and at TT, so sorry for a delayed reply. Might see what my accountant knows too and post back later.