Carpet fault - am I being fussy

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Muzungu, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Yes, done that and sent photos. Haven't mentioned courts as it has not got to that point and I feel it is reasonable of me to give them time to sort out the issue as a normal customer service issue which I would expect them to do. The fitter sent photos on the day as well and said himself there was a fault.

Only following this up with the store as I was assured several times I would be getting a courtesy call by the store, this was after I had informed them I was rejecting the carpet.

2. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Well, all praise to SCS and any aspersions I have cast or implied previously I take back.

Just rang the branch and the saleswoman has assured me that they accept there is a fault from the photos and the carpet will be replaced hopefully by the end of next week but I would expect myself the week after. Operations manager has also acknowledged the "line fault" and does not think there is any need for anyone to come out to have a look, they will just get it replaced.

Just goes to show something or other.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Good result.:)

Muzungu likes this.
  4. They still have not had the decency to get in touch with you though yet,even with all the promises.You might have a bit of chasing.

5. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

At least I have got the ball rolling now and an admittance of the fault with assurance of replacement. if it means another few phone calls that's fine by me. I said I was easygoing, sometimes helps when one is infallibly polite at all times. Unless of course you come across someone who regards that as a weakness and plays on it. That's when to drop the facade!