Cast iron grey water problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Joe1992, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Joe1992

Joe1992 New Member

Please see attached photo. Building is 3 stories high and has an internal cast iron 2.5inch/65mm pipe that runs the entire height. It serves as the grey water outlet for 2 small kitchens. My flat being the ground floor also serves as the exit point into the drain outside. There is a separate cast iron pipe that deals with the rainwater on the exterior. My kitchen is no longer connected to this pipe and instead exits via a standard PVC pipe.

My problem is that the disused junction (see photo) is fouling an area where we plan to install a new kitchen. The downpipe in itself isn't a problem but the 'join rings' are getting in the way. The pipe is fixed to the wall but I'm concerned cutting it could result in the entire thing coming down. I would like to either remove the chunky section and replace OR fit some kind of boss that allows me to at least feed into it and lose the separate PVC drain pipe.

What's my best solution?

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Can cut with grinder on red or blue blue, which ever works best & provides enough pipe for end cap to fit & be secured.

upload_2019-2-20_12-46-37.png

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019