Caulk over fresh wallpaper

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Oli9002, Nov 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Oli9002

Oli9002 New Member

hi just had some wallpapering done. Walls and skirting are square and flat, had been replasterboarded a few years ago. Previously had been papered and had no issues.
    However the decorator has used caulk In a lot of areas, it’s bit consistent and to me it’s seems as if it’s to cover poor cutting. It’s along some of the skirting edge and the ceiling line and also down the internal corners. You can see shadowing on the ceiling and shiny bits on the paper.im not sure this is what should have been done.

I will speak with him tomorrow but wondered if anyone had advice???

Thanks

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Skirting maybe but as for the rest...

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Is he emulsioning over the paper, if so quite acceptable to cover edges and fill any gaps, he has left it overnight to fully cure.

4. Oli9002

Oli9002 New Member

No it’s a pale stripe paper. Will see in morning. But would he have done it on a dark paper???

5. Oli9002

Oli9002 New Member

They are charging quite a lot so I expected a quality job

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

In that case sounds like poor preparation and very bad wallpaper hanging and cutting. The caulk will discolour over time and become quite noticeable.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You're not getting one.