CDA Double Oven Fan Motor Fault

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by markenglish82, Oct 24, 2021.

1. markenglish82

markenglish82 New Member

Morning, All,

Happy Sunday!

Apologies if I may have posted this in the incorrect forum but I have a fault with my CDA Double Oven Fan Motor and was hoping for some advice.

The Fan is not always working on our Oven - it is very intermittent to as and when it will work. We recently had our Oven cleaned and was advised that the Fan motor needs replacing.

After watching a few 'How To' videos, I ordered a new fab motor and replaced it yesterday! When I rebuilt the Oven and plugged it in, eventing was working, other than the bottom Oven, including the light! I checked everything about 5 times and after an hour, decided to refit the old motor, rebuild and then reconnect it. Again, everything worked other than the bottom Oven and light!!

I randomly checked the Oven after about 10 minutes, and the oven and light were now working, but with the old Fan motor fitted.

If I remove and replace the motor, is there a period of time which has to be left before it will work?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Not an expert on these things but often it’s the controller that’s at fault. Often nothing more than dirt and grease on the contacts.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021