Ceiling light issue

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Gjp19, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Gjp19

Gjp19 New Member

Hi,
    I have been fitting a new ceiling light and am scratching my head as it does not work. I am far from an electrician, but have replaced many lights in my life without issue, but this has me baffled. I even replaced the light switch as I was convinced I had wired the light correctly.
    I have attached a couple of photos, if anybody can point me in the right direction / advise it would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you PXL_20220815_140825893.MP.jpg PXL_20220815_140835726.MP.jpg

2. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

Try this.

Attached Files:

3. Gjp19

Gjp19 New Member

I will try it right now.
    Thank you

4. Gjp19

Gjp19 New Member

Sorted, many thanks for your time

5. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Now tidy up that connector.

There should be NO copper visible and the single black connected to teh blue should have a red (or brown) sleeve. Once that is sorted, you should really swap the blue and brown round - blue to neutral and brown to SwLive.

6. Adam Routley

Adam Routley Active Member

Swap out for wagos.

7. vrDrew63

vrDrew63 Active Member

Consider replacing that horrible terminal block with (4) Wago 221 series 2-way lever connectors. They save time. They make it almost impossible to screw up. And the 221-series are nice and compact.

8. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

How do you propose getting the two circuit lives and live feed to switch in a two way connector? Or four earths? It will require 2x3way, 1x2way & 1x5way.

terrymac likes this.