central heating pipe sizes

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by moffyman, Nov 9, 2003.

1. moffyman

moffyman New Member

I'm about to install new 17 radiator c.h. and hot water into a 2 storey detached (combi.).1 room will also have underfloor heating (wet). I've never used plastic push fit before but am convinced it's o.k. Is it o.k. to run flow/return in 22mm (copper initialy) and have 5 tee's off this to 4way 10mm manifolds? I'm planning to have 2 zones controlled by a valve.

2. brian

brian New Member

22 flow and return , no problem, it is right to do that anyway.
    hope it helps.

3. moffyman

moffyman New Member

I was concerned more about pressure drop with so many tees and manifolds and whether dropping down to 15mm after first tees would be appropriate?

4. brian

brian New Member

there wont be pessure drop it comes off the mains from the road,
    combi,s are road - street pressure,
    anything from 1 bar to 9 bar most propertys are 3 bar. but ovisuly i cant say all areas are different. even village to village.
    dont worry carry on, use as many t and couplaers and elbows as you like it doesnt matter. ( the pressure will always be what you have it set on at the combi bar pressure )i.e filling loop.
    most boilers are telling you in the instruction to run at 1.5 bar, please note when you have got the boiler running the pressure will go up to about 2.25 bar dont worry it is normal, as the water in the rads cools down the bar will dorp again.
    if you want any more help email me on bthomemain@aol.com

5. moffyman

moffyman New Member

Thanks brian, thats helped me out.:->