Central Heating Problem

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Gary Trousers, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Gary Trousers

Gary Trousers New Member

Hi everyone

I'm an amateur, so apologies if this is a daft question!

I recently bled one of my radiators. Without realising, I let the plug fall out, and for the couple of minutes it took me to find and reinsert it, obviously boiling hot water was angrily ******* out all over the place.

Anyway, once that was all sorted, I've since found that both that radiator and the nearest one, in the next room, are completely cold. I've topped the water in the system up several times and the pressure guage is showing it should be all fine. When I've tried bleeding either radiator again, water comes out immediately. I'm pretty sure the pump is fine, as all the other radiators in the house are still heating up fine. When I've turned off all the other radiators except the cold ones, it makes no difference to the cold ones.

Do I now need to take the radiators off and flush them, and flush/replace the thermo valves, in case all that movement of water has lodged some debris in there? Is there anything else I should try first or any other logical explanation?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
    Cheers

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Always bleed radiators cold.

3. Gary Trousers

Gary Trousers New Member

Thanks, good tip for future!