Central Heating Problem

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Lenny Lalwey, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Lenny Lalwey

Lenny Lalwey New Member

Well I bypassed the room stat by connecting a wire from the yellow terminal to the red terminal. Conclusion: still have the same problem, need to turn up the frost stat to bring on the boiler.
    Being i have a new replacement Honeywell T6360 stat, iI think that I might as well carry on and replace it.
    Could you help me with the wirring, am I correct in assuming that my original TLX stat that has 3 wires
    Yellow (switched live) connect to T1 on the Honeywell
    Red (permanent live) connect to T3 on the Honeywell
    Blue (negative) connect to T4 on the Honeywell
    Many thanks again

Attached Files:

2. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Could be a faulty component or the system is wired incorrectly,all easily diagnosed using a multimeter ;)

Testing live voltage is not everyones cup of tea :eek:

3. Lenny Lalwey

Lenny Lalwey New Member

Fitted the new Honeywell room stat.
    Still have the problem, although the system did at first work correctly, but switching from hot water only to c/h & hat were a few times it stopped coming on when there was a demand for c/h.
    So back to the original intermittent fault.

4. Lenny Lalwey

Lenny Lalwey New Member

Hi Guys
    Decided to bite the bullet and fit yet another mid position actuator head, which has to my delight, cured the fault :):) That will now be five replacements actuators in six years????
    Many thanks to all of you that gave up your time to helped me through this problem.
    Happy New Year, Lenny