Central Heating Tripping RCD Breaker

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by malkymckay, Nov 8, 2017.

1. malkymckay

malkymckay New Member

Hi

been having a few issues over the last few days and ongoing this morning, i have a heating plan which a pay for monthly so they were always the first i get called out, but after 4 visits the problem is still happening

to tell the full story, all i have done is fitted 2 new radiators downstairs from screwfix, not sure if draining water or something has caused any issues but it wasnt that difficult,

so the first issue was boiler stopped and wouldnt come on, engineer came out and said he would have to replace pump, he did that and went away, about 15 mins after the RCD breaker went and everything shut down, he came back and said there had been a leak and water had taken out my hot water pump, so he replaced that, 15 mins after he went away the lock out light came on and stopped the boiler, i reset it and it started up, then lock out again, i reset it and it started up, this time it stayed on until engineer came back, i pointed out there was a leak from the pipe at the connection near the pump he replaced, so he went away and got a new connector and o ring and changed it, bingo, he started it up and i ran perfect from 15:00 yesterday till 23:00pm last night when i switched it off, got up this morning and turned heading on...nothing, went outside, no errors or lock out, pressed reset and it started up, radiators start to warm up then RCD Breaker trips,

the only thing i can see outside is a continual drip from the pump around about the black cable that goes into it, this wasn't like that yesterday but has started dripping now, could this be the cause of the RCD Breaker tripping???

called engineer again but cant come out until tomorrow, i have turned off the central heating breaker which lets me reset RCD Breaker so the fault must be with the heating

any thoughts please

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

If Black cable is electrical and damp or wet then water & electrics don`t mix well.