Changes to the Screwfix Community Forum

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by screwfix.alex, Jan 14, 2013.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Hey Cli,,,,,,,,, nty,,, if ya wanna be numero uno, you'll have to keep posting utter drivel for about 6 months solid. Don't listen to mr silly. He's only got 58 points himself. I'm sure if you put your posts in the form of a question though, you can award yourself the right answer for 5 points, (or even a near miss for 3 points)
    TBQH, the leaderboard is pointless though (more so on this particular forum) ;)

3. joinerjohn1

Yep,,, spotted 2 very annoying problems already.

4. screwfix.alex

screwfix.alex Member

John / Andy, we do have the ability to change the weighting of points, or remove them altogether, so I will look at this and float some ideas before making any amendments. It may be something that we put to a vote amongst users.

Also, back in November it was pointed out that the indented posts were an annoyance. There is a solution to this; if you click 'Your Stuff', then 'Preferences', you'll arrive at the 'General Settings' page. Changing the 'Discussion View Style' control to 'Flat' will mean that you will see all posts on the forum as they have appeared, not sorted by the way in which they were replied to. I'll post a full walkthrough in the Support space early next week.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Here is a recent example as to why the giving of points is farcical.

Read this post,  http://community.screwfix.com/message/1241428#1241428  realise that I am not even an electrician, and see why the points are misguided.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. joinerjohn1

Your very, very naughty Handy. When Plumplasdec, sets his house on fire and it burns to the ground, he'll come back an tek them bonus points off you. ... Now go and stand on the naughty step for half an hour.