Changing old thermostat for Hive plus question about “clock thing”

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dziaros91, Jul 9, 2020.

1. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

Obviously Flame On is its heating something either Rads or Hot Water
    I think flashing rad might be pump overrun, or like

So the hive is switching the Central heating ON OFF O.K now ??

dziaros91 likes this.
  2. dziaros91

dziaros91 Member

Yeah all down now, I’m going to try it again but it seems to work fine now. Guys you are amazing !!! It was a long way but we got there after all. If I knew you personally you would have few drinks each on me for this help, really appreciate it, wouldn’t do it without you gents

3. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

Glad it's all OK in the end....
    My Guff for not spotting the dual receiver in first place.
    I assumed (and should not have) that it was single channel HIVE because of the boiler you specified in the OP post being a COMBI

Hey Ho

Missed Star Trek :)

At Least we got the Thermostat wiring out the way.
    Cables can be tidied up.
    Grey cable into junction box can be removed just Earth wire to disconnect

MM

dziaros91 likes this.
  4. dziaros91

dziaros91 Member

It’s alright, I didn’t know there are two types but lucky we got @Mike83 spotting this very important fact, all working gents so thank you very much and have a good night

5. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Glad it’s working.
    I fell asleep last night.
    I assumed it was a single channel hive also.
    You currently have a wire behind the hive that’s not in a terminal but it’s still live.
    You can terminate it behind the hive and leave it or remove it.

:)

6. robgul

robgul Active Member

Moral of the story: British Gas would have fitted, tested and sorted the whole thing in about 40 minutes start to finish for a fixed price of about £70 + the cost of the kit.

Our first insatllation of Hive was when BG fitted a new Combi boiler - the Hive fitter was there 15 minutes - the second installation with an existing boiler and rubbish Drayton so-called wireless controls took 30 minutes to swap and test. [BG/Hive did then run a downloaded software upgrade to the hub/receiver]