Chase. . Chase. . Chase

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sparky Si-Fi, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

goodness me unphased <u>Get paid straight away. Thats what I insist on.</u>

heels bells are you a rogue trader or what!, I bet you get the old granny in your new van take her to the building society to get cash for a slap dash installation

how do you sleep at night you *

not even a receipt

you should be ashamed

call the cops

[Edited by: admin]

2. barbaricduck

barbaricduck Active Member

I have had the misfortune to have a couple of clients lately that have accounts 'in trustee'. This basically means that chequeshave to be signed and counter-signed by the trustee holder as such.

This usually means I do not get paid for 5-6wks after completion. All have been big jobs too.

The annoying thing is that when I asked for an interim payment before works commenced I recieved it within a wk as they wanted the job done ASAP. However the final payment always took 5-6wks. T0ssers!

I countered this problem by throwing all waste materials in their loft! Saved £150 on a skip and endless trips up and down the stairs!! Thinking of my knees you see!

I generally treat this kind of customer as they rightfully deserve; by the means above (though unprofessional I know) or by upping the cost of extra works.

The good thing about the 'loft' thing is that they will never realise as they are investors from the other end of the country that dont give a hoot about the property. All they care about is money money money..

I once hand delivered a christmas card in mid February to an accountant that was a trustee saying merry chrimbo and sorry for the lateness! Not had a job from him since! Good riddance!

3. barbaricduck

barbaricduck Active Member

Sillys,

Would you order a pizza or go to the supermarket and tell them you will post a cheque to them in a few days but take the goods right now??

What would they say back......

For some reason it is deemed acceptable in the trades. Gotta say it does my head in sometimes.

4. sysparks

sysparks New Member

Lol, had to laugh at that loft thing, but it will come back and haunt you im sure!

Customers like that, i just wouldnt work for. I would rather be out delivering flyers than working for a wing and prayer.

5. 999

999 New Member

Cash on delivery

x

Don & His Boys

6. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

Don & His Boys

ohh you are naughty but I like you

dick emery

U f n t

cheers X

7. 999

999 New Member

ah mr silly the moron from a council estate

The Godfather

8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I stand by my policies of payment. My terms are payment on completion. :) You lot do whatever you want, it ain't gonna change what I do and, like I said, nobody owes me a penny.

9. 71st Edition

71st Edition New Member

I agree with the above.

Tescos you pay when you get the goods.

Every sod and his dog wants you on Direct Debit monthly in advance. Stuff that.

Kids school sends home a leaflet every night with new and interesting ways to pay them more cash.

I got so fed up last year that I nearly jacked it all in.

Council 120 days
    Estate Agents Got paid after chase chase chase Personal in their face visit and stand over them waiting for the cheque!
    Insurance Companies Used to be good now the worst payers. Cahsing accounts teams (or Ghosts as I call them)in Offices around the country that are permanently on holiday or in a meeting.

Good Job I now do some consultancy these days which pays monthly on time every time amd means the worry of chasing has stopped my hair going grey.

For the time being at least;-)

10. state-it

state-it New Member

Tescos you pay when you get the goods.

Yeah... but I used to have to wait 60 days for payment from them for work on their shows!

11. Home Farm

Home Farm New Member

It is just a reflection of the current economic situation.

The credit agencies are downgrading everybody, the banks will not release funds and liquidity is in short supply.

The companies who cannot get credit will pay their pro-forma suppliers first and the suppliers who do allow credit terms will have to wait longer.