cheap or dear?

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by icemlb, Mar 27, 2008.

1. icemlb

icemlb New Member

went for a quote yesterday the job was

20m 600x600 porc in a kitchen on a wooden floor ply'ed by customer 'L' shaped ,take out washer,fridge, dish washer,tumble dryer and cooker and tile,cut down plinths and re-fit,refit washer etc.

quoted £575 inc all materials and get rid of waste he nearly fainted what do you think cheap or dear? in north west area

2. GKU

GKU New Member

You say including all materials , what exactly ?

3. GKU

GKU New Member

And I take it you mean 20 sq mtrs

4. icemlb

icemlb New Member

adhesive ,grout and 2 door plates

5. icemlb

icemlb New Member

ere what do you think i mean?

6. icemlb

icemlb New Member

no sorry the kitchen as i have already said is 20m long by 1 metre wide!!

7. GKU

GKU New Member

If you're talking about tiling 20 square metres , that would be in the region of £600 on its own ( some tilers may charge a bit more or less ) before adhesive , grout and all the kitchen removal / refitting stuff . I charge between £25 and £35 per sq mtr , depending on the job ,(some may charge more some less)

8. GKU

GKU New Member

Jeez , I bet its claustrophobic in that kitchen !!!!!

9. GKU

GKU New Member

"no sorry the kitchen as i have already said is 20m long by 1 metre wide!!"
    ??????????? - then thats 20 square metres , ain't it ?

10. icemlb

icemlb New Member

press16

if i wasn't talking about tiling i wouldn't be on the tiling forum!!!

11. icemlb

icemlb New Member

so why ask if it is 20m2 then, 20m is 20m it would be some kitchen if it was 20m x 20m =400m2

12. GKU

GKU New Member

Why come on here asking for advice and then start getting gobby , if you're so smart why are you asking for advice ? you're on your own mate .....

13. enjay

enjay New Member

Sounds a bit cheap to me, We get £30 per M2 in the midlands, that would include cutting down plinths and fitting doorbars, but not supplying anything, and not getting rid of rubbish.

14. icemlb

icemlb New Member

nice one enjay a simple answer not like press16 the * just a simple to cheap would have done not is it tiling you wanted ,do you mean 20m2 must not have a clue

[Edited by: admin4]

15. GKU

GKU New Member

Well obviously my answer was just like Concorde to you , ya half-wit , any one with an ounce of intelligence or savvy would have understood what I was on about and would'nt have took my advice in the wrong way either - just like I said numb nut - it obviously was like Concorde to you !!!!! - COWBOY !!!!!

16. GKU

GKU New Member

Well obviously my answer was just like Concorde to you , ya half-wit , any one with an ounce of intelligence or savvy would have understood what I was on about and would'nt have took my advice in the wrong way either - just like I said numb nut - it obviously was like Concorde to you !!!!! - COWBOY !!!!!

17. GKU

GKU New Member

Just thought I'd say it a second time (but a bit slower) , for you to understand it properly , without taking it the wrong way - * ....

[Edited by: admin4]

18. GKU

GKU New Member

And another thing , 20m2(as you put it) means 20 mtrs squared ie:- 20 mtrs x 20 mtrs = 400 <u>square</u> <u>mtrs</u> , which is different from 20 square mtrs (20mtrs x 1 mtr = 20 square mtrs)
    - <u>metres SQUARED</u> and <u>SQUARE metres</u> are different , basic maths ,I did'nt ask if it was <u>20m2</u> (20mtrs squared) , I asked if it was <u>20 square mtrs</u> , which you did not make clear , you just said 20m , which sounded like a DIY'er who did't know the correct terminology (which you may well be), and another thing , you did'nt say previously that it was 20m x 1m , you just said 20m . I think you are in the wrong game boy , try something a bit easier on you're pea- sized brain like road sweeping - if you want to have a battle of wits , bring some ammunition next time ...

19. GKU

GKU New Member

Like I said previously - it's all like Concorde to you ......way above your head !!!!!!

20. jtiling

jtiling New Member

to be honest you should be looking nearer £700.dont forget porc can be tougher than ceramic or travertine to work.you need to take tool wear into account as well.no good charging that amount then having to find you need to fork out for a decent cutting disk as well!