CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Larry123, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Larry123

Larry123 Member

2. debit cruncher

debit cruncher New Member

I bet that one does'nt get registered!

Do you know the neighbours well?

3. Larry123

Larry123 Member

only to say hi to. he asked me to fit it but didnt like my price, a friend of his who quit the trade 10 years or so done it. can tell why he quit. cant wait for the first servise when it gets shut down!

4. picasso.

picasso. New Member

they wont shut it down because its not against any regs to do what he has done, other than being lazy and too tight fisted to buy a vertical flue to do it properly there is nothing wrong with it.

5. musky1

musky1 New Member

properly there is nothing wrong with it.

SNOW on roof,thats why it will be shut down

6. Larry123

Larry123 Member

snow on roof?

7. imran_

imran_ New Member

No, as long as it clears the roof like it looks like it does. I wouldn't do it myself but can't see a prob if mfr allows it.

8. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Just a **** poor job really. Wonder what else lurks beneath. Hope you repoted this illegal worker.

9. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

it an unusual terminal but not illegal,,but where is the soil pipe terminal ????if that was to rise 600mm as per regs, then the flue might be illegal,
    was it cut off or was it never there ? lots of grey areas here,
    'reporting to' in anything less than emmediant dangerous, is handbag territory , like dialing 999 for a lost dog,

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

This kind of roof termination has been reported to Corgi in the old days even though it doesn't look right it isn't illegal even though a vertical flue should have been used

I had lenghty conversation with one of the manufacturers engineers a few months ago even though it may not look correct its not illegal was his answer.
    Mind you it does look dogs ear and a vertical flue is British favourite where as virtually all flues in europe are vertical

11. surreyplumb

surreyplumb New Member

Came across an install like this, Junior 28i if i remember rightly. Spoke to Worcester and they said they had absolutley no problem with their flues being installed like this.

12. Razor69

Razor69 New Member

Depends which flue, pic looks like a WB flue, if it's a telescopic one it can't stick out past the terminal unlike most others 'cos they're not waterproof!