Cheer up it'll folks Eurovision is on it's way!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Crowsfoot, May 11, 2010.

1. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

We can forget all our worries now because on Saturday the 29th May it's the fabulous Eurovision Song Contest.
    Hooray!!!!
    I'm already looking forward to it with great anticipation.
    http://www.eurovision.tv/page/home
    The UKs entry's been co written by Pete Waterman/Mike Stock and has a very 80s retro fun sound just like all those 80s classics by Rick Astley, Kyle Minogue, Sonia etc' - we must be in with a chance this year.
    Fingers crossed there won't be any "nuh phwas" for us this year!
    Have Fun Tappy,

2. Crowsfoot

I've been listening to quite a few of the songs and there are some really catchy tunes this year and one of them I'm pleased to say is the UKs entry by Josh.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/multimedia/videos?id=12343

Give it a few spins and then you'll be humming/whistling it all day tomorrow.
    I know that tomplum likes a good tune.
    Maybe he'll represent us at Eurovision one year when he's famous.

3. Toe Nail

Toe Nail New Member

4. Toe Nail

Toe Nail New Member

5. Blimey.

Blimey. New Member

Cheer up it'll folks

I sense see the sentences of made. and

6. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Eurovision big treaty on the gallipode. You can't fault it. Lets hope nobody fallolopes over and grazes their kneeclabbers. Basic Engly Twentyfido copy writing of Unwinly naturode. Deep joy.

7. Blimey.

Blimey. New Member

Uppy growfold.

8. Crowsfoot

You bore bag!

Look Toe Naily this is a building trades forum and everyone knows builders love to sing/whistle and play radios whilst we work which makes the Eurovision the worlds top song contest well worth a discussion.
    So take a chill pill and have a listen to this wonderful song from Kristina Pelakova.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/multimedia/videos?id=11133

9. drew peacock

drew peacock New Member

Thank you tapwrench,much needed culture on here,very nice link.....song not bad neither

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I hope we do well this year. Good luck to UK. :)

11. dazjon

dazjon New Member

Ah the eurovision song contest, that great musical gathering that gave us ABBA, best group ever and I don't care how long ago it was I'd still like to meet that blonde one....

he could teach me to play the piano anytime.

12. Crowsfoot

nice link.....song not bad neither

Yes Drew it's very refreshing to know that once a year this forum and it's posters can rise from posting the normal drivel and reach for the intellectual heights and talk sensibly about the Eurovision Song Contest.

Just think, that in just 2 weeks time we will all know who the winner will be!
    Tappy,

13. Crowsfoot

he could teach me to play the piano anytime.

Very funny dazion! At first I thought you were talking about Agnetha Fältskog!

Today we tend to think of abba as being a clean wholesome group yet I recall that both of the guys in the group each knobbed both girls - pure rock n roll!

14. "Very funny dazion! At first I thought you were talking about Agnetha Fältskog!"

Well done doziun, you sure fooled him thar.

15. torMANTOR

torMANTOR New Member

Tappy, you must be a very sad man!

16. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

The subtleties of some pop star names. Sandie Shaw (sandy shore). Won it in 1967 with puppet on a string.

Johnny Logan. Only one to win twice (1980 and 1987) for the Irish (who never vote for us). Political voting is what spoils this. Some forecast now that the winners are from mainland Europe we will not stand a chance of ever winning again, irrespective of how good the song, simply because of all the arms-around-shouldrs-they-are-our-mate votes will not allow fair positioning of the song. Greece always give 12 votes to Cyprus and vice versa. Norway/Finland/Sweden/Denmark pretty much vote for each other. Russian countries also vote for each other. Shame really.

17. That Cliff Richards from the Stones was named after a hill by the seaside somewhere in Ireland.

18. Crowsfoot

Tappy, you must be a very sad man!

It's like this Mantie the worldwide viewing figures for last years Eurovision Song Contest were over 105 MILLION PEOPLE!
    On the evening of 29th May 2010 I expect this forum will possibly be dead because most of it's top posters could tune in to the Eurovision Song Contest live from Oslo in Norway.
    Top screwfix forum members like Mr & Mrs tomplum,Lucia,Captain Leaky,Dick puller,Imran,Unphased,Loz,Mr Grimnasty,joiner john,walter,Issac Hunt,Dazian,Blimey etc' (I do most sinecerley apolygise to any regulars that I've missed off)all these could be watching!

Who's beginning to sound a little sad now Mantie?

19. ISAAC HUNT

ISAAC HUNT New Member

I for one will be glued to my seat on the 29th,no forum for me,to be honest with you i would rather watch the eurovision than that world cup thingy in june

20. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

sorry tappy, i defo won't be watching, mrs plum might, although she'll complain all the way through it bout how **** it is, i'll be in't pub,