Chelsea Manning

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Harry Stottle, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Pfffft - I made it to 20 seconds.

I am not surprised that Phil both likes this and will set store by it. I can well imagine him laugh out loud at it. And this is his 'truth'.

Probably as much chortling as when he posted Farage's genuinely fascist 'breaking point' poster - a complete rip-off of the Nazi' party's propaganda.

He posted all these with no sense of irony.

But, no, of course Phil ain't a fascist. In Trump's 'alternative facts' world...

Did you all hear the 'we just gave alternative facts' interview?! Jesus christ.

Trump is turning out to be worse - more bizarre, more dishonest, more manipulative - than even I would have believed.

He is nuts. Dangerous bonkers.

2. An 'arry glibism.

Tell us where the lib dems include a fascist agenda in their policies? Y'know, you say 'they are all things to all men'? So, tell us the bits of their policies that you like.

Hmmm, I didn't think so.

Welcome to Trump's 'alternative facts' world. The truth no longer matters.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2017
  3. Really, Longs?

You disappoint me more and more, Longs, and I am genuinely surprised at you.

I think that the vast majority of the people of this planet have a lot to be aggrieved at Trump for. And you reckon they should all just shut up and accept the outcome?!

Longs... :oops:

Ditto with Brexit - I am more than happy to continue to expose all the 'post-truth' and 'alternative facts' spewed out by the usual suspects on here.

Seriously, it'll be my pleasure.

4. Alternative facts.

A trumpism.

Fits his followers well

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm genuinely sorry for adding too your disappointment, DA. I know you've had a lot of it already over the last year.

The protesters can shout and scream as much as they want, it's their own time that's being wasted, afaic.
    What are they hoping to achieve?

He might get a bit sensitive about it, have a cry and step down because no one likes him? Not going to happen.

Do they want him forcibly removed from office? Again, not going to happen.

All they're doing is saying to the world that they didn't vote for him in a democratic election. That's it.

Oh, a few hard done by celebrity types got a bit of publicity.

btiw likes this.

6. Womens views and rights dont count to him or his followers anyway

Deleted member 33931 and btiw like this.
  7. Disappointment? Yes, I sure have - in my fellow Brits. Aching, heart-felt dismay.

I can't believe you are serious that the Remainers and anti-Trumpers should sit quiet now, tho'! It was the populist vote that put them there, and it's a popular movement that can shift them.

You must be out of your mind if you think the Americans should just shut up and let Trump get on with his inane policies. If you think the rational amongst us can simply let May do a hard Brexit and remove us from the single-market.

NUTS!

I have to admit that the Remain/Leave polls haven't changed much since the referendum, but the reason for that is very simple - the effects of Brexit have largely yet to happen, because Brexit itself has not yet happened. It's as simple - and as factual - as that.

They are 'waiting' to be financially squeezed, and you just wait for the HOWLS when that happens. "YOU TOLD US A LIE!!!!"

Over 70% (of that order) of the Leavers said they wouldn't be prepared to suffer financially as a consequence of the decision - they want 'Brexit', but they don't want any even short-term financial loss! Whoopeeedoo.

So forgive me if the likes of Keir Starmer and the less-loony contingent of the Labour party will make this very very clear over the next while. You think it's a done deal?! Nope, it ain't. And the reason why is because those who truly care about this country - and aren't blinded by jingoism - will not sit down or roll over.

We will save this country from the twits who are in it :)

What has the EU done for us? How about 'Peace' and the transformation from 'The Sick man of Europe' to the world's 5th largest economy for starters?

Curse you, EU - CURSE YOU!

8. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

Great. So we agree that nature can change the climate and it's certainly not supernatural.

This process is so simple even nature can (and has) done it before. We'll see that we don't need any complicated science or maths to understand it.

1. There's this gas called carbon dioxide. It absorbs and emits certain frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum (like the way blue glass absorbs red and green light). CO2 occurs on Venus too. No cars there. I agree. And it causes warming (because of the spectrum absorption thing). Nothing supernatural about it, just ask Venus. So that's just physics - perfectly natural.
    2. Combustion of hydrocarbons releases carbon dioxide and water (the clue was in the name "hydrocarbon"). That's not supernatural. That's just chemistry. We all agree that the period table works. We can use the periodic table to balance the equation and see that combustion of 1kg of hydrocarbons in oxygen releases roughly 3kg of CO2. It's the basis of all non-plant life. Perfectly natural.
    3. We burn a lot of hydrocarbons (and nearly pure carbon as coal). We have economic data to see how much. No magic here. Just multiplication to find out how much CO2 humans produce.

So: there's this gas, that we can release (as well as nature) and we can work out how much we release. We can even measure it in the atmosphere to check our answer.

Can nature perform this trick? Sure. We've seen that there was nothing special happening here. Just physics, chemistry and maths. I think you believe in physics, chemistry and maths.
    Can man duplicate a trick of nature?
    Well, fire is natural and humans can make fire too. So saying something can occur naturally doesn't seem to preclude us doing it too. Does it?

So, grab yourself a pencil and a Cig packet and work out how much CO2 man can release in a few decades.
    Show your working and we'll talk further.
    But you won't will you?
    Because working stuff out is hard. Because it's easier to google and post a link to a web site that agrees with you. It's easier to search for a meme or youtube clip than it is to understand an equation.

It used to be that it was hippies and ignorant middle-class mums that were the scientifically illiterate ones. I found it easy to despise hippies and ignorant middle-class mums (and despising them was easier because they didn't look like me). But now it seems to be the alt-right with their "co2 is natural" and "vaccines are bad" that are the champions of scientific illiteracy.

It used to be that you could depend on old men (with a pipe jammed in the corner of their mouths) for an understanding of physical sciences and mathematics. They were practical people who understood and respected numbers. Yet now our late-middle-aged men more interested passing along their "wisdom" in the form of copy/paste memes and facebook links (annotated with emoji).

I have no idea what Phil is referring to with "Climate change, previously know as global warming". Is the name "climate change" a recent term? No matter, I bet he has a meme or youtube clip to explain it to me.

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I think "Climate Change" better describes what's going on, as the average temperature globally is increasing ("Global Warming") but there are other effects as the weather generally is becoming more extreme - hots are hotter, colds are colder, wets are wetter etc. So its more than just global warming, the climate is changing in more ways than one.

And we are contributing to it by pumping out CO2. Of course natural aspects may also be contributing to it too, but man surely is.

Deleted member 164349 and btiw like this.
  10. proby

proby Active Member

Rubish it's going to be Great I have it on good authority :)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.

11. I think what you mean is.

Your source and information is rubbish

12. proby

proby Active Member

You'll burn in hell for that, it was god that told me.
    Ok so he didn't really but if he exists he would be in favour of leaving, as da brings brexit into every thread I thought I'd bring God into it:p.

13. proby

proby Active Member

And when Great Britain is making a Huge success outside the EU which it will a new poll would show every remainer denying they voted to stay saying they supported it all along, except one who would argue it would have been even better if we have remained. A bit like no body in Germany really supported the nazis after the war was over.

14. Just so we are clear.

What year are you predicting we will be making a huge success outside the EU? Immediately we exit, or some time after?

Will I still be around to see it? Will my kids?

15. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I doubt it. I can't see how trade can be better after Brexit than before, since we currently have totally free trade with the EU.

16. Yes, but you are thinking logically, and actually thinking.

You have to just wish it will be better, and it will :p

17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Yes sorry about that. Forgot we are now living in a most-modernist era where the truth is just a social construct.

btiw likes this.
  18. proby

proby Active Member

How long is a piece of string, I'm just certain it will be better your obviously a defeatist pessimist .

19. Oh I see. You cant see any sudden or near future improvement?

But in 5 plus years its possible, awful long time to risk a downturn before a rise?

I cant predict what would happen in 5 years plus if we stayed in. But I can predict that in the meantime we would be better off in than out.

Now, thats pessimistic?

What on earth is your position ? Suicidal, mainiacal?

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  20. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

In 5 Years time I doubt we'll have formal trade agreements in place, yet alone ones that are better than today's.