Chimney Cap

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Michael Balding, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Michael Balding

Michael Balding New Member

Hello

I'm looking for a suitable product to cap off a 4 inch flue. This looks to be for a back boiler that was removed by the previous owners.

I want to stop rain and birds from entering the chimney but all products I see are from 6 inch chimneys.

Can someone let me know a suitable product?

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

I tried many alternatives, and the only one that really worked was a single sheet of code 5 lead covering the whole thing, but also being large enough to fold over each of the four sides to create a 1cm drip line right the way round the chimney.

It only took me 15 years to come up with this, the perfect solution, but now, for the first time in the life of this 70 year old house, the entire chimney is bone dry, top to bottom.

I wouldn't waste my time with any of the numerous other suggestions you'll hear of because I learned from bitter and costly experience that none of them does the job right.

3. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Unfortunately this will also block off the live pot and possibly end up gassing you :)

rogerk101 likes this.