Chimney Repair Quote

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Belcheee, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Belcheee

Belcheee New Member

Hi, I have been having problems with a chimney leak and have been quoted for replacement of lead flashing and re-flaunching of the stack. This includes removing the old lead/mortar and adding weather proofing to brickwork and patination oil to the lead. Also includes checking and if necessary updating the cowls.

I also require scaffolding which is included in the quote.

The price has come in just short of £3,000 (including VAT). I have no building experience and no idea if this is accurate, but a quick google on some pricing sites suggest the lead shouldn't be more than £1,000 and the re-flaunching around £500 so I'm a bit concerned about the quote.

I will be getting a couple of other quotes but neighbours have had good experience with the roofer and they have good reviews.

Please could more experienced folk let me know if this quote seems reasonable? I appreciate there's plenty of factors I'm not considering that may be bumping the price up. The house is a 1930's detached.
    Not saying the price is too high, just after assurances it's a reasonable one based on the work.

Thanks.

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Scaffolding will cost too…

3. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Add a picture. It depends on where the chimney is, how easy it is to access, dimensions, what other work if any needs doing, what the top of the stack is like... I am not sure why "apply weather proofing to the brickwork" is a good thing, or what that might be.