Circular Saws

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by trustedman, Apr 1, 2005.

1. problem

problem New Member

I have the makita and its pretty good but i also will be goin for the festool next time
    PASLODE

2. trustedman

trustedman New Member

Well I bought the orca beacuse it was cheap, I got it the other day and it looks ok. I've yet to use it in anger. I like the look of the festool but I'm skint at the moment so the orca won. When I'm rich I might trade it in for a better saw, but then I might just retire.

Thanks for everyone'e advice.

3. handyman.

handyman. New Member

tim'll fix it, are you going to have a look at new tooling on ebay then??? I just got the dewalt 29 drill set for £30 when its £69 elsewhere.

or do you earn to much? ;)

4. bonnie the botch

bonnie the botch New Member

thats not a bad price at all is it. but then he probably woulnt touch a green boshe drill either lol

5. handyman.

handyman. New Member

Neither would I............LOL ???!???

6. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

i have rarely touched bosch tools (green or blue) , i prefer better tools

that should get a response ;)

7. big all

big all Screwfix Select

"i have rarely touched bosch tools (green or blue) , i prefer better tools

that should get a response"

:):):):):)personal choice

big all

8. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

There are much better tools on the market than Bosch and Dewalt but show any other manufacturer that can offer a complete set of cordless power tools that can run off the same battery.

9. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Should read

But show <u>me</u>

10. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

still waiting for a european manufacturer with a battery operated router (not that i'll go and buy one [yet])

still waiting for a dewalt 24volt radio/charger

in the mean time festool power tools and a dewalt (spit) pullover mitre saw (spit) {i have avoided dewalt till now}

11. trustedman

trustedman New Member

I might look at new tools on ebay in the future, but definitely not second hand ones.

I've certainly not got too much money, I'm not a plumber. When I've looked at the price of new tools on ebay in the past the price is always comparable to elsewhere i've looked, but the postage always seems expensive on ebay.

12. trustedman

trustedman New Member

Battery operated router? It wouldn't have enough power to be useful

13. owen

owen New Member

i think porter cable do a cordless router.

i can't see that it would be much use either, though.

14. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

in answer to a couple of posts above

1. yes porter cable do do a battery operated router

2 "battery operated router wont be powerful enough"

thats what people said about drill/drivers, but things advance, my 12v impact puts in 6inch screws.

if a powerful battery operated router becomes avaliable I for one will be interested

15. handyman.

handyman. New Member

Tim I'll fixit,

An example was my new dewalt hoover (CE stamped) and in box. Hoover and delivered for £50, elsewhere this item would be £120. All my tooling is now ebay dewalts and sold my old tools on ebay. Every hand tools I need I also get on ebay, direct from the USA. An example was a DeWALT 3 Piece Rotary Masonry Bit Set Rapid Load. 2 packs £15 including delivery, takes 10 days to arrive. Elsewhere these are £15 each.

16. handyman.

handyman. New Member

Only thing about USA tooling is its all imperial.

17. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

handyman, on items over I think it is the equivelent of £36, how do you get round not paying customs and excise the VAT and the £13.50 charge (for unidentified costs) by Parcel Force

That would make the basic purchace cost of the hoover around £31 or about $60 US

problem is the us price is around $99 (toolbarn)

18. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

thing is i like your prices and would like them myself but on the face of it they dont seem to add up

19. handyman.

handyman. New Member

DD, the hoover is CE stamped and was posted from buxton (england).

Tooling over an amount is packaged as a 'gift'..........I have never had any charges. If your worried aboutr this just get tooling from UK based suppliers. (may be non CE stamped, but its posted from the uk so its not your problem)

20. handyman.

handyman. New Member

Just got 2 sets of dewalt rapid load masonery drills through today from USA. £15 for the 2 sets (3 drills per set) including delivery. Yet again, no VAT or tax, nuthin.

1/2 price