cistern lid replacement!!!!!!!help!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by house and home, Jul 13, 2009.

1. house and home

house and home New Member

Its a massive long shot but I thought I would ask! My mum has dropped her cistern lid when doing a bit of DIY on her old toilet! its a royal venton coronet design toilet with a seperate cistern, the way I would describe it is, a toilet sat away from the wall, and the cistern is perched on the wall approx 12 inch above the toilet, it enters the toilet via a plastic 1.5 inch pipe (approx) she has dropped and smashed the lid, anyone know where I can get a new lid for her, seen one on ebay but its pink! I know I could get it sprayed but its going to be dear and its down near london.....and im from doncaster!!!!! any advice from anyone please!

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

That is probably very old. Either make a homemade lid or better still fit a new cistern.

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

They stopped making it in 1936.

4. rome60

rome60 New Member

If the toilet is white best fit a complete new WC.

5. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Same advice applies even if it is not white ;)

6. imran_

imran_ New Member

You can easily make a new one out of cheese, preferably a hard cheese. i'm sure you can find some. It has the added benefits of being right there if you're having a 0ump and are hungry, and also after a while it will mask teh smell of your smelly **.

Do I win £5. Oops, sorry thought this was Viz.

[Edited by: admin]

7. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Fit a new cistern

8. rome60

rome60 New Member

Being an old Royal Venton it may be a syphonic pan,that wil require a 9 gall cistern.This is against the regs a don"t think these are available now.

9. zenzer

zenzer New Member

Try www.brokenbog.com loads of old stock items.

10. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member