Cistern recommendation

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by terrytash, Dec 7, 2018.

1. terrytash

terrytash Member

Ive got a Geberit low height furniture cistern a pneumatic one but Ive read a lot on line that they are prone to leaking from the flush pipe. Its a push fit connection rather than compression fit pipe in the bottom of the cistern and I just wanted to check before I think about installing and cutting the hole on the furniture for the push button if anyone has any experience with these cisterns and if the leaks are only because they haven't been fitted correctly or if they do leak, seems silly to have a pushfit pipe under a tank holding 6L of water and relying on a rubber seal.
    Geberit have had this model for years so the design must work to keep selling it, and they are hardly a unknown brand, but unsure if Im only seeing the poor reviews and thousands of people use it with no issues.

https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/geberit-concealed-dual-flush-pneumatic-cistern/

It needs to fit in 500mm by 350mm furniture max height 820mm and be front access. If the geberit one is prone to leaks then does anyone know of a good alternative which is more reliable, and compression fitting for the flush?

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

The thing I`ve found with these is aligning the flush pipe square to the pan and getting the height right, the pipe connections don`t like being at an angle or under load.