City n Guilds, EAL, NICEIC TAT

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Lokkars Daisy, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Whats all this then,  no upgrades anymore , must take full exam £1000s of pounds NICEIC certainly has become a money grabbing for profit organisation  >A friend applied for membership a year ago , paid his money and is still waiting to see an assessor
    I feel sorry for younguns, feckin exams to the eyeball and required to sit them again and again.
    Perhaps they should become a bone doctor great money and little exams after the first un.   A PLUMBER ,,POTS OF MONEY ,,,NO EXAMS NEEDED

2. B

B New Member

And what was that bit about  old qualifications will presently  still be recognized

3. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #f1f1f1; table-layout: auto; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: medium;" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="center"><table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="table-layout: auto; width: 100%; "><tbody><tr><td align="center"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width: 712px; table-layout: auto;" width="712"><tbody><tr><td style="background-color: #ffffff;" valign="top" width="652"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="table-layout: auto;" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="612"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="table-layout: auto;" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" class="ee_dropzone" style="padding: 0px;" width="612"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="ee_element ee_borders ee_bdr" style="border-collapse: collapse; table-layout: auto; border: 1px solid #b91537;"><tbody><tr><td class="ee_pad" style="padding: 6px;"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="table-layout: auto;"><tbody><tr><td class="eeb_width" style="width: 598px;">

4. B

B New Member

threre was something about old qualifiations still been recognized,  but how long wil it be before they are not recognized

5. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

I can't be ersed with any of it anymore, nowt has really changed in 30+ years. It seems to me (I have only glanced at the latest info , so I don't know) there is a £1000 + training exam for all parts of electrical stuff, wasn't it just one exam not so long ago, and if you are 17th and want to become 18th you will have to sit the whole exam again!! v well they can fick orff I will continue with or without the little bit of paper

6. wally

wally Screwfix Select

I dont think I will be doing the 18th, I will be to old to even consider it or be laid out in a box together with my 17th edition to keep me company  

7. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

I wouldn't bother Wal, just take a leaf outa The Tricians book and 'Carry-on-regardless' and keep takin the Cash for the remainder of ya years!  ;)

8. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Same here Wally.

9. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Have to CONCUR Sinedoll Banrock,,,, I know all there is to know , so they can take a running jump REVOLUTION

10. wally

wally Screwfix Select

You never stop learning Daisy.   Trouble is I forget easily.    I considered writing a book once with all the faults I came across in my time & how each one was resolved but gave the idea up as I cannot remember what they were.

11. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Concur Wally , however I don't intend to spend £1000s on training courses . I've seen it a lot , you and seneca have also, I don't need no fickwit askin me to explain safe isolation etc ,,, ad naeseum

12. mr reflex

mr reflex Member