Clad shed

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by pal123, Jul 19, 2022.

1. pal123

pal123 Member

An old felt roofed 2m wide x2m long x 2.4m high shed is ageing and needs cladding. The roof itself has been patched several times. The
    Has anyone tried using these clear roof sheets to replace a shed roof? Example is at ebay weblink: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284076510212

Also can shed exterior walls be clad with slate? This would mean nailing slates going down the shed wall

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

in general from a structural point off veiw you need to replace the rigidity off the roof timbers this may require diagonal timbers on the roofbut i dont know exacly this would involve
    you will need support on the corrugated every 600mm or so along the sheet

3. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Haven't used it to replace a shed roof, but have seen it usef normally as panels in a corrugated iron roof, or on a carport... should be OK if you suppoer it properly. Not very secure, but lets in light. Has a tendency to crack after some years IME.
    Well, you could, but again as long as you've something to fix the slates into, and also it is heavy and fairly expensive. I don't think I have ever seen a slate-hung shed!

4. Sneeze

Sneeze Member

Slate is nearly 40kg m2. Plus your Batons and soakers etc. Sounds Heavy and expensive. Unique though though - like an battle shed.

wood shingles?

5. pal123

pal123 Member

What about onduline? This is meant to be a very good building material