Clapham common

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by DIY womble, Sep 5, 2018.

1. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Been over the park most evenings , a tin of beer and relax after work, it's great what a bit of space can do for a community. I particularly liked the tag rugby which I hadn't known was so popular, I've seen team Frisbee, tug of war, tai chi , tennis , fishing , but tonight I'm watching team quidditch of the harry potter films. is it just me , there are a dozen adults running around some hoops throwing a ball with a 3ft magic wand between their legs and everyone just walk's past as though its normal , I have two choices ,
    Have more beer and join in or go to sleep and get up for work with a clear head.
    , I'm 57 and probably going to spread for at least 9 hr tomorrow and now my finger hurts from typing so I've worn myself out, it must be an age thing , I love to go to work ,

Allsorts likes this.
  2. DIY womble

It's one nil to the team in fluorescent orange bibs

Allsorts likes this.
  3. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

Are you sure you haven't had one too many beers. :p:p

4. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Well-Known Member

lots of mushrooms on Clapham Common ...

The Teach, KIAB and DIY womble like this.
  5. DIY womble

2 = not yet , dark stopped play , not sure what the end result was , appears to have rules , but the most important is to always have one hand on your magic wand between your legs, ( sounds like a Janet and John sketch , Wogan )

6. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

When I used to work in London, I was amazed at the variety of things going on - guys on there way home playing football in there suits, stunt roller skating, horse riding, army drill training, amateur theatre.

But be careful with one particular part of Clapham common - especially if you have one two many beers and fall asleep ....:eek:

KIAB likes this.
  7. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

It's a thing and they're happy. :):)

8. DIY womble

I did get timidly whisper to from a small young Ethiopian looking chap nearby , enquiring if I would like purchase some " weed "

9. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

er no, the other type of propositioning

10. DIY womble

They were having a great time, no fouling , I may ask them some questions if I see them again, most builders like football , what's the typical potter player , too young for judges , maybe IT or perhaps it's rehab therapy

11. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

And don't sleep face down...:eek:

DIY womble likes this.
  12. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Think womble missed it.

It was part of the Welsh MP Ron Davies downfall - although he did embarrass himself looking for "badgers" down your way

KIAB likes this.
  13. DIY womble

You mean the packs of sexually deprived women looking for lone men to ponce on , I just keep out of the bushes and other possible ambush areas and get out before dark , common sense , it's kept me safe for all these years

14. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Was Clapham Common where Wilfred Bramble's favourite 'cottage' was located or was that Hampstead Heath.

15. Peter208

Peter208 Active Member

Along with other work mates, we would have a game of football after work on a Wednesday night. Would mostly play on Battersea park and then we would stop off at the Youngs pub on Clapham Common for a couple of beers, I'm talking 1980is

16. DIY womble

That's the thing I noticed , nobody at all playing football,

17. Peter208

Peter208 Active Member

We would finish work at 16.30. Have a kick about for a couple of hours and then head for the pub. So, by about 19.00 we were at the bar.

18. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Anyway aren't you on the wrong common ?;)

19. fillyboy

fillyboy Well-Known Member

I
    That's right, Wombles hang out on Wimbledon Common.

Anyway womble, I was born up the road from you, Battersea, just off Queenstown Rd.

20. DIY womble

Are you a plumber ,4 bed terraced, modern, Thurleigh rd, £2.5M ,