Cleaning Stained Pebble Dash

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by DrEcosse, May 15, 2019.

1. DrEcosse

DrEcosse New Member

We recently had to get some repair work done to the rear wall of our house. As part of that process a trellis was removed, which uncovered a stained section under a central heating overflow.

What's the best way to clean this, also it's right next to the reinforcement patch, which had only just been completed?[​IMG]

Update: I can't seem to let you guys/ gals see the photo I took, as the image icon wants a URL and I chose my Dropbox account to store it. So, apologies for all the icons - which I can't get access to for deletion!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Use Sodium Hypochlorite 2 parts water to 1 part Sodium Hypochlorite, see YouTube re patio cleaning, keep moist whilst activating for an hour and wash off with a hose pipe. Repeat if required. Wear mask, gloves and protective overall. ;)

3. DrEcosse

DrEcosse New Member

Thanks Astramax!

4. Astramax

My own drive before and after cleaning with Sodium Hyperchlorite.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    CGN and dobbie like this.
  5. Astramax

It was laid 29 years ago, just wondering should I seal it?

6. DrEcosse

DrEcosse New Member

It looks good to me!
    Just FYI: I got a new patio built a couple of years ago and used Resiblock. My brother-in-law recommended it and it's great but not cheap!
    I tried to do it in a hurry at the end of Autumn, the problem is you need good sunshine to do it properly. Mine didn't seal as well as his but when done properly, the results are great!

Astramax likes this.