Cleaning tools

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by sospan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Good shout. :)

2. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

Went to my local homebase a few years ago on a Sunday afternoon. I'd been plastering the front room and needed some more multifinish. Decided I'd rather pay a bit more and get the job done that day instead of waiting for the builders yard to open Monday.

Thistle Multifinish.... they wanted £32 for a bag..... Not a full 25kg bag. It was something like 12.5 or it could have even been 7.5.

It really is no wonder they are closing stores left right and centre

3. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

CIF cream cleaner is surprisingly good at shifting general grime.

4. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

I never have used the local store. I have never seen a bargain in there or anything which is the same price elsewhere.(10 years)
    SF is 3 mins away, Toolstation is 20... with free del over 10 quid.... and lots of special offers.
    These organisation could be run better by my grandson (5 years old)
    Same as Spoons, pint of Sharps Doombar last summer 1.99, staff good as gold. Why would I want to use the local indifferent pubs at 3.60 a pint and watch the disinterested barmaid play with her phone ?

Just as an aside Robus give 3 to 5 years guarantee on lots of their stuff...even if SF give one.
    Just had a transformer replaced free, from Dublin, without having to produce a proof of purchase.
    Altho it might have helped with my surname and knowing the area and lingo...;)
    Rs