Click and collect item available in near by store but not available to reserve for next day

Discussion in 'Screwfix Live' started by TheBrick, Jul 7, 2020.

1. TheBrick

TheBrick New Member

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea as to why there seem to be some items that are not available in my local store, but yet are available in a near by store but yet I can't order them for click and collect next day? Is this covid 19 related, have screwfix stopped doing the running of good between stores for next day? Specifically in my case its some paint and primer., or is it paint related and there is a shortage of paint?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-primer-undercoat-2-5ltr/342fg
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-garden-colour-wood-paint-semi-matt-meadow-grass-2-5ltr/8663x

2. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

For as long as I can remember, Screwfix has never moved products from store to store. Their distribution model is entirely depot to store.

3. TheBrick

TheBrick New Member

I have regularly had items not available in store and then be told, "Oh but we have it at <X>, I can get it to you for tomorrow, is that any good?" So I presumed they had a van running round local stores swapping ordered goods?

Also on click and collect there was always the possibility to order stuff that was not in stock but would arrive in 24 hours or so. Where those goods came from I don't know, central depot or other local stores.

I had the same "item unavailable in local store, but was in other local store" thing with some hinges about 2 weeks ago but just manged to find some alternative product. So its doesn't seem to be just paint either.

4. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

Screwfix has two stores in Oxford. My local is Cowley; the other is in Botley, no more than 5km away. Despite my asking them many many times, they steadfastly refuse to move products from Botley to Cowley. Probably because they don't have the transport facilities and none of the employees is willing to use his/her own transport. Fortunately Toolstation is just around the corner, so I just go there.

5. Mike58

Mike58 Screwfix Select

They never move stock between stores - everything is provisioned from the central warehouse(es). You may get an occasion where a member of staff will collect - more as a favour for a good customer or one who has had issues with an order. The costs of doing so, makes it uneconomic to have a van running round.

6. TheBrick

TheBrick New Member

What about the order for next day that was an option on the website? That may come fro ma a central warehouse but where has that gone? Otherwise how can I register that I want to order X?

7. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

Quite right! That would be a real Pandora's box!
    Cando

8. jameswills

jameswills Member

The shipping and everything could be messed up from the virus outbreak, that is always a possibility. I know a few stores I normally shop with don't have this kind of option available right now.

9. TheBrick

TheBrick New Member

Cheers James. That was my initial thought but because no notice didn't know if there was more to it.