closing door

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by spindlen, Mar 25, 2005.

1. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

jason, deep heat is a solution but colgate (aparantly) is just as effective and (apparantly very painful) and it is easier to get hold of. Try sainsbury's (watch out moderator3 deletes all references to food outlets)

2. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

jase, 4lb youre a professional, they are farmers

3. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

sorry limestone, youre a professional with a 4lb, they are farmers

4. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

jase, not tyring to leave you out, waht size timber do you suggest for portcullis's. I havent built one since 1400AD, is 25foot wide enough for a moat? or do you suggest crocodiles

5. panlid

panlid New Member

Now if the door has dropped(<u>pulled away from the top hinge with a little thing called weight)</u>

do you lot call that a door dropping? i dont!
    i always say a door dropping is the weight of the closing side dropping. ive been arguing with mdf man all day and i dont know what im thinking anymore;)

6. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

Well stop arguing and help me work out my angles.

7. panlid

panlid New Member

im off work, give me a shout tuesday morning;)

8. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

sid, dont give in. he's wrong and wont accept it. apparantly all wood is MDF in a differant form!

9. panlid

panlid New Member

have you read the paving thread. i think he reads a different thread before he answers as i cant work him out. he just answers his own nagging doubts in his head and not the question asked. whats this about all wood not being mdf? since when....????;)

10. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

sid, ***** myself laughing , im going for a look

[Edited by: admin3]

11. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

sid. must say MDF is not all wood, some of it is glue

12. panlid

panlid New Member

not flour and water?

13. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

wow, thats years old (puts you and me in the old folks home) dont tell tv makeover man... mind you he cant hang a door yet

14. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

sid, forgot my manners but regards to mrs sid

15. panlid

panlid New Member

i need a break from him i think. he probably needs one from me as well;)
    deeds im looking forward to next week as im starting an 18 year old apprentice. someone to talk to;)

16. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

18 year old. ours reckons hell learn brickwork in a week and capentry, kwicker!

17. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling New Member

Just get some very salty water and spray the hinge (lets hope its steel).

18. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

OK sid. Just because I suggest some thing and YOU don't understand it, doesn't mean it's wrong. It means you ain't got the brains to understand it. Ha Ha Ha Ha.
    I love it when you show yourself up to be the thickest. Ha Ha Ha

Dirty deeds. You said I offered a solution as an ONLY solution. Did I say that ? Where did I say that ? Show me.
    I never once said that was the ONLY solution, did I ? Show me. Go on. Show me Another fool. Talking out of their *.

And by the way. Does every door you fit get fitted into a £2.5m flat in London ?
    It's general DIY on here most of the time. Haven't you ***** noticed that yet, thickos.
    Is this guys place a £2.5m flat in London, the Crystal Palace(once) ? I don't think so. Perhaps you would charge him £400 to sort it out ? Cause little jobs ain't worth doing, are they ? Someone told me that once.

Now ** off. You do things your way, I'll do things my way and we'll see who gets all the thanks. And we'll all be happy. Losers

Handyandy - really

[Edited by: admin3]

19. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

handy

simple demonstration of the problem and solution to the original problem "the door closes itself"( i notice that you go off topic when you are losing an arguement)

Take a hardback book about A4 size (or a piece of mdf) Hold it at arms length the same way up as a door using both fore fingers and thumbs in the same position as the hinges

NOW. keeping the top "hinge" at arms length move the bottom "hinge" towards you (but still keeping the "hinges" one over the other the "door" automatically moves. (if you move the top "hinge" towards you the "door" moves the other way.

The solution is to move the "hinges" back into the vertical position, hence my comments.

Now try your solution, FIRST move the bottom "hinge" towards you so the "door" moves. SECOND move the bottom hinge inwards as <u>you</u> suggest . YOU WILL NOTICE THAT YOUR SOLUTION DOES NOT WORK.

now i suggest you go back to playing with mdf

20. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

doors in expensive london flats

have the same problems as 15 panel doors from wickes

the solutions are no different.

there is no difference between DIY doors and those in expensive london flats (except the price)

sorry andy but you walked straight into that one