Collapsible cold water tank ?!?!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by skweejee, Feb 8, 2005.

1. skweejee

skweejee New Member

Anybody ever heard of or seen such a thing as a collapsible cold water tank to accomodate small loft hatch openings - if there is I'll stand humbled and gobsmacked ?!

2. นิà¸

นิภNew Member

if there isnt u just got me on to a money earner son! lol u might just of gave away your millions, if only!

3. doitall

doitall New Member

True haven't fitted a storage tank for about 8-9 years but True.

Round thing brain cell said it will remember the make, you could almost roll it up sqeese through hatch and it sprung out the other side. :)

4. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

Vaguely remember hearing about these things. Weren't they like a black bin bag on a couple of wire coat hangers?
    I think they have been superseded by regulation changes and are no longer made. If you need to get a tank in through a small loft hatch there are some small coffin tanks available and you could double them up for the capacity if needed.

5. britishblue

britishblue New Member

The circular tanks can be deformed sufficiently to pull them through a small loft opening.

BB

6. slug

slug New Member

Dewey Waters (and others) make sectional storage tanks, normally 1m square panels which get bolted together to make any storage volumes required (commercial stuff), they also do half panels (0.5m) give them a call and see if they will do you a mini flat pack tank, although if you try and seal it yourself it could be fun, normally their operatives erect them on site.