Collingwood Pro 550 issue

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Simon0867, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Simon0867

Simon0867 New Member

Hi,

I occasionally come across Collingwood H2 Pro 550 38ww ceiling fittings that have stated flashing. I’m guessing something in attached transformer/driver that comes with the unit has failed. Two wires lead from it into the light fitting itself, is it possible to swap the attached transformer with an alternative that will make the fitting useable again and if so could anyone recommend one that will do the job?

The attached transformer has the following info on it:
    Input 220-240V-50/60Hz 5.2w
    Output 60mA 67V DC

Thanks

2. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Looks like a constant current driver. It will supply 60ma and vary the voltage (up to 67V) to keep the current constant. Plenty around its matter of what price point you want.

3. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I can only guess, I would think "Output 60mA 67V DC" means it is an LED driver? but 38ww and 5.2w makes me wonder what it is? I will guess an integral down light and you need to swap the whole lamp, but I am guessing.

4. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

7yr warranty on those Collingwoods, and rare for them to fail.

5. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

Never tried changing one, the driver is attached by a plastic web to the fitting. Presuming the LED is fine and you can find a suitable driver I can't see why it wouldn't work, but as Lectrician says, they come with a long guarantee - I have only had 2 fail, and one call to collingwood had replacements more or less next day.

6. Simon0867

Simon0867 New Member

Thanks for the info. Yes they are LED lights. They are used at a hotel so will get more use than in a domestic situation but they certainly are not lasting 7 years.
    If anyone can provide me with a link to an inexpensive replacement constant current driver I’d be very grateful

7. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

I had a quick scan, could not find one low as 60ma with max voltage of 67V. Obviously custom made for for application. Most on eBay come up to the same wattage of around 5w but at a lower voltage range which means higher current ! As Lectrician says, phone up the manufacturers and they may supply you a complete unit or a spare driver. In any case you are not certain it’s the driver.

Simon0867 likes this.