Colour match scotia and stair nosing to oak flooring

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Lionhearted, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

Hello,

I have recently installed style brand solid oak flooring in smoky grey with brushed & matt lacquered finished. The same flooring that was also sold by Wickes (supplied by woodpecker). The problem is that scotia and stair nosing was not available in matching colour, so I purchased unfinished trims but finding it difficult to match colour. To me it looks like more sort of a chalky finish as if it was painted filled with some chalk before or after staining and lacquering.

From some basic search I can see that such kind of colour and texture can be made by staining grey and then coating with white wax but that will be different in durability and possibly look from the main flooring, especially for stair nosing.

Could some one please guide how to go about this problem and also I would like to make some matching filler to be used in some areas where there is a gap in the flooring.

Thank you in advance.