Combi Boiler 24he ..leak

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tooleystreet, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Tooleystreet

Tooleystreet New Member

Another leak since the spring debarcle...This instance from inside the chamber where the gas pilot lights.
    What happened as we were sitting there...the flame kept attempting to light itself..
    I took the cover off and saw the intermittent drip coming from the edge but the source is that area which im not authorised to remove...Pressure back up to 1.4
    Obviously too damp to light itself..
    Please advise

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Thinking you need an engineer to take a look I'm afraid.

Tooleystreet likes this.
  3. Tooleystreet

Tooleystreet New Member

I mean its not leaking profusely...but i can tell its either next to an electric wire or its collecting and obstructing...Thing is im that broke and havent got any sort of plan with British gas

4. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

You mentioned a landlord in one of your previous posts, isn't this his\her problem?

5. Tooleystreet

Tooleystreet New Member

All repairs are my responsibility

6. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

I suspect not in this case;

Click Here

Regards,

Cando

7. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

It is not common, to say the least, for a tenant to be responsible for all repairs to a property. You could end up with a massive bill for something. I assume this is reflected in a low, and I would expect very low, rent. Just curious as this is far from normal.

8. Tooleystreet

Tooleystreet New Member

I only mentioned the price as it would be a part plus labour..Nothing safe involving gas..luckily a wise smart young man i know whos Corgi registered owes me..some queens heads.£££$$

9. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Dont know the boiler manufacture,history or age,some boilers are worth repairing. Some not ;)

10. Tooleystreet

Tooleystreet New Member

If i knew where to look ...it says Mains.
    The drips are fewer a d far between but pilot must have got damp.it refuse to light now i have to boil kettle.....anticipating a free hour in his bookings