Combi Boiler Buzzing/Whirring Noise

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jamie_Fox_, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Jamie_Fox_

Jamie_Fox_ New Member

There's been a buzzing/whirring noise coming from our Worcester Combi Boiler for about 3 months. I've posted a couple of videos below showing the issue:

------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you turn the sound on, when watching the video. Automatically starts with no sound.

Boiler Loud Video Link
    https://imgur.com/P53loFA

Boiler Quite Video Link
    https://imgur.com/gRTQYHI

I looked online at some schematics for the boiler and it seems the noise could be coming from the Red Expansion Vessel.

Is this a serious issue?

Following on from that, I bleed the radiators which hasn't been done for a while. (How often should you do this?)

1. I turned the boiler off
    2. Bleed all the radiators (Quite a bit of air came out of the system)
    3. Re-pressurised the boiler
    4. Turned it back on.

It hasn't made any noises for the last hour, is this a temporary fix, could it get worse? Would it require a certified engineer to come over and investigate during this Lockdown? Stay safe everyone.

Thanks,

Jamie

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  2. Jamie_Fox_

Jamie_Fox_ New Member

Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong thread, and should have posted in 'Engineers' Talk'

It doesn't seem to allow me to delete the post.

3. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

See how it goes. Sounds like the fan ,but that wouldn't alter after bleeding air ,and would re occur. If it's been like that for 3 months ,a while longer isn't gonna make much difference , get an engineer to visit when you can.

Jamie_Fox_ likes this.