Combi boiler turn off hot water

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Llaved, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Llaved

Llaved New Member

Hello, I'm a bit stumped i want to turn
    off the water to the house. There is a stop cock under the kitchen sink and that turns cold water off to all the taps but the hot keeps running I have a combi boiler in the garage. Does the hot water tap need to run for much longer as there is so much pipe work between kitchen and garage and back again? I did run the taps for quite some time and no loss of pressure for hot Cold stops almost immediately I thought it was only if I had a hot water tank that I would need to turn off somewhere else.
    Kitchen stop cock is at back of house and garage is at front of house. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Mike83

Mike83 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the combi has been tee’d in before the kitchen stopcock.
    In some scenarios the kitchen stopcock only turns off the kitchen sink and washing machine.

3. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Active Member

can you turn off the water outside the house.

4. Mike83

Mike83 Well-Known Member

Probably a main stopcock (hidden away) in the hose that feeds the boiler, storage tank and kitchen sink.
    The plumbing was probably altered when the combi was fitted. The main to the combi could come from the loft.

5. Llaved

Llaved New Member

I don't know where to turn the water off outside the house. I'll check the loft. Thanks for the replies.