combi boilers

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by peterfin, Jan 11, 2007.

1. peterfin

peterfin New Member

Hi looking for advice on makes and capacities for a new combi.I will be running 6 rads 1 bathroom with shower and seperate en suite shower compartment,thanks

2. M.I.G.

M.I.G. New Member

a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 35cdi combi would suite your needs ok.

3. peterfin

peterfin New Member

any idea on cost?the WB COMBIS have been recommended are they the best?

4. chris73

chris73 New Member

have a look at the glow worm 38 cxi , very good hot water flow ,

chris

5. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

any idea on cost?the WB COMBIS have been recommended
    are they the best?

When people advise the best combi they always seem to recommend the boilers they have personal experinece of. The best is Viessmann or Eco-Hometec, Atag, Atmos and a few others. Worcester-Bosch is mid range as is Vaillant.

The Glow Worm is well priced and a rebadged Vaillant. Personally, I would go Glow Worm over W-B.

6. chris73

chris73 New Member

true , i`ve been fitting the glow worms for a fair while now , and have not been back to one on a boiler fault , which is cool for me ,
    Unless a customer ask`s for someting different i`ll keep using them .

I thing W-B are not what they used to be .

7. tryin it all myself

tryin it all myself New Member

I've never had anything but trouble with Worcester boilers. I've had four houses over the last 10 years and each has had a Worcester of some description, a couple fairly new, a couple fairly old. Every one has suffered diverter failure, which, although it's probably a consumable of some description, should fail all the time. A couple have also suffered expansion vessel failure and I've also had to ignition thingy failures.

In fact, I've had that many failures that I now know more or less how to fix my own boiler each time it fails!

Andy

8. tryin it all myself

tryin it all myself New Member

Oh, one other thing, whichever brand you go for, get the highest output boiler you can afford. The higher the output the quicker the water is heated thus the quicker the flow of hot. Also, it allows for future extension of the hot water system.

9. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Oh, one other thing, whichever brand you go for, get
    the highest output boiler you can afford. The higher
    the output the quicker the water is heated thus the
    quicker the flow of hot. Also, it allows for future
    extension of the hot water system.

A 38 to 40kW combi is one bathroom job. Any extension can be catered for by another combi or a high flow multi-point like a Rinnai.

10. peterfin

peterfin New Member

Thanks for all your replies ,this is the type of info that is so good to a newcomer.I can also see that everybody has different experiences and ther seems to be no absolute best boiler