Coming removed, line around ceiling edge?.

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Wayne C, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Wayne C

Wayne C New Member

I’ve just moved into a flat which has had the coving removed by the Housing Association. There is a line which is quite evident around 4 inches in around the perimeter of a 16’ x 12’ lounge. This line is a few layers of emulsion thick (obviously the ceiling has probably been painted many times over the years leading to a demarcation line when coving removed). I’ve tried sanding it by hand, using a Mouse sander and a more powerful sander but it seems to just be making no difference to it. What would any of your professionals recommend?. Please don’t suggest more coving as I hate the stuff!!. Im guessing that not been able to apply pressure adequately is making this job harder than it needs to be. Any advice please

This line is where emulsion has built up obviously under the coving it would have remained static and lower.

2. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Remove old ceiling board, & fit new plasterboard. Skim, then paint.
    Job done.

But hold tight, someone will be along with a more sensible answer. Maybe!

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Fill it with Easyfill or TouPret interior, sand smooth and re-paint. Jobs a gooden!

ramseyman likes this.
  4. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Knock it off with a stiff scraper and fill it if needed.

SteveMJ and furious_customer like this.