Commercial Work

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by MalBow, Nov 27, 2006.

1. MalBow

MalBow New Member

Can anyone help me Im getting confused with the regs! Part P applys to dwellings right? So if I was to do some electrical work in a shop does part p have any bearing on the job? Do i have to issue a certificate, or indeed can I issue a certificate? Im registered with the NICEIC but only on the domestic installer scheme so am I covered to do work in a shop? If something was to go wrong with the job, which im not expecting, would I be covered, if not by the NICEIC by my public liability insurance? Hope all that makes sense!

2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Part P is domestic installations only..

3. MalBow

MalBow New Member

So what do u need for commercial work and do you need to issue certificates like you do with domestic work?

4. fooman

fooman New Member

do you need
    to issue certificates like you do with domestic work?

:^O

what do you think ?

5. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Your covered either way mate!

I only do commercial work but that doesn't always rule out Part P registering of jobs! :(

If you were to work at say a Chippy/Hairdressers/Newsagents or Massage Parlour and there was a Flat above/behind/adjacent or in any way joined on to the commercial premises and they both share a common DNO electricity supply even if they have totally separate installations and Dis-Brds then Part P registering of works still applies! :'(

6. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

So what do u need for commercial work and do you need
    to issue certificates like you do with domestic work?

Yes, you would still issue a certificate..

7. MalBow

MalBow New Member

Thanks for the replys, what certificate would you issue? My certificates all have "Domestic Installation Certificate" written in big letters across the top, can they still be used?

8. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Mal, not being funny like, but how did you gain NICEIC acreditation when your asking basic Q's like this? :O

Then again it is the Nicey were talking about! :^O

9. MalBow

MalBow New Member

Sine I got NICEIC certified because Im good at what I do, which has always been domestic work, the question I am asking now has never been asked of me by the NICEIC when I was going through registration and assessment and it has never come up with work before, so why would i want or need to know?
    Im asking now because it has come up, but you guys on here always seem incapeable of giving a straight forward answer to what i thought was a straight forward question!

10. markysparky

markysparky New Member

Just use the IEE certs of their website. As long as they are 7671 certs then you are fine.

You just can't use any of the trade assoc certs that's all!

11. MalBow

MalBow New Member

thanks Marky, any chance of a link?

12. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Any electrical installation that involves a new circuit requires an EIC!

Domestic, Commercial or Industrial, it makes no odds.

Part P is just a Building regulation and as such has to be complied with whether the work is 'notifiable' or not, which in it;s self is a separate issue.

Just do a 'search' on here when you have a day or so spare! ;)

13. markysparky

markysparky New Member

Here you go matey :)

14. mr bojangles

mr bojangles Member

15. markysparky

markysparky New Member

16. fooman

fooman New Member

Just do a 'search' on here when you have a day or so
    spare! ;)

and if you have a week or so spare do a search on Earth Bonding of Water Pipes :^O

17. markysparky

markysparky New Member