Commons vote

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Harry Stottle, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Active Member

The House of Commons has given the EU Brexit negotiators a gift on a plate.

2. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

...and given the Devolved governments a reason to get out of this UK impending mess.
    I think we are seeing the start of a breakup of the UK, sad, but understandable from their point of view, votes steamrollered through by English MPs. It will come back to bite us, I suspect!

3. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Well-Known Member

I voted to leave but I also recognise the need for Parliament to discuss and vote on the solution proposed by the current government, they call it democracy

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

The biggest issue I see that's driving this whole fiasco is that no one actually knows what we want or are aiming for. Sure we voted to leave the EU, so its clear we don't want to be in the EU. But what do we want? What's the alternative vision?

This is not going to end well with both remainers and leavers feeling like they've been let down by this Government.

5. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Well-Known Member

The best outcome we could hope for would be to remain and reform the EU, but with the present constitution, that would be impossible. I see the SNP 'left' Parliament today.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  6. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

I think my prediction, yesterday, of a UK breakup seems to be gaining legs!!

But, if you see what happened yesterday in Westminster, when a 15minute "debate" on an issue of vital importance to the devolved Scottish parliament (where only one government minister was allowed to speak - some "debate"??) was an affront to democracy.

I feel a bit ashamed of my own country, today, for doing that - and if the Scots don't decide to go independent then I will be very surprised.

7. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Active Member

I tend to agree Bob, MPs should be able to control what's in any deal, balancing the pros for the UK against the cons. What's happened is that the remainers have crippled our negotiators to the detriment of the UK just so they can sabotage brexit and defy the electorate.

facilities likes this.