compression joint

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Does anyone know where i can get a compression reducing elbow.15mm on one end and 12mm on the other.
    You can get them and i only need this one fitting not made up of several reducers.Any help gratefull.

2. tgs

tgs New Member

The easiest way is to use a reducing set 15 x 12mm with an equal elbow 15mm.

The 12mm tube fits into the elbow in the normal way and the reducing set fits in place of the olive adapting the 12mm tube to the 15mm compression. It therefore takes up no more space than the normal elbow.

bes.co.uk do sets of reducers or try a plumbing merchant.

3. britishblue

britishblue New Member

I've never seen a compression elbow with different sizes at each end. You can get a reducing set to use in one end of the 15mm elbow. A 15mm to 12mm reducing set is available from BES part number 7307 £1.67 + VAT.

BB

4. tgs

tgs New Member

BES list a reducing elbow (17692) which is 15mm x 22mm and I have seen these elsewhere but not any other size.

5. Heres what i want.[​IMG]

6. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

7. doitall

doitall New Member

yes they do Captain Leaky

Go to a proper plumbers merchant like BSS or Pipeline and ask for a Conex 401 reduced Elbow ;)

8. doitall

doitall New Member

9. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Glad to be corrected doitall . Cheeeeeeers Mate :)

10. doitall

doitall New Member

The pleasures all mine Captain Leaky, ;)

Actually finding one may be a different story though.

11. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Yup, no-one seems to sell Conex anymore let alone an obscure fitting like a reducing elbow. Still got a Conex spanner in my toolbag - makes me feel old now when I think I bought it in 1976 ):

12. Yeah,Im currently getting them from conex at £8.00 each.Seems steep to me.I need a hundred so i want to shop around for cheaper prices.Im using them on 40 year old central heating systems in flats.

13. Just noticed do it alls link states £11 for 10.I will be on the phone about that one.They have been charging me £8 each.Thanks anyway guys.

14. britishblue

britishblue New Member

Why didn't you say in your original post, that you already had a source of supply, but were looking for a better price. Rather than have everyone making the effort of looking for a solution to a non-existent problem.

BB

15. britishblue

britishblue New Member

Just noticed do it alls link states £11 for 10.I will be on the phone about that one.

No it doesn't. It says £11.33 each in standard pack size of 10.

BB

16. doitall

doitall New Member

That each not for 10 :O

17. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Now you know why no-one buys Conex anymore ....