compressor

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by bulldog, Aug 11, 2005.

1. bulldog

bulldog New Member

im looking into buying the wolf air 25ltr 2hp compressor with the 5 air piece kit,iv sprayed before with spray cans but neva a spray gun,how hard isit are they worth investing in? and can you buy ready mixed paint i dont understand all this paint mixing with thinners thanks ,bulldog

2. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

Spraying with a gun DIY style is easy. Hardly any harder than a can. If you do any amount of spraying it could save you a fortune.
    As for the mixing, just put in thinners (or a suitable product) untill the paint consistency is like double cream. Unless you painting something like a car, its not quite so crucial.

3. bulldog

bulldog New Member

wel its parts for a car eg boot doors etc,and i have read that i wil need a filter on the air line is this true i want the best finish posible didnt know i would need 1 of these

4. bulldog

bulldog New Member

i just want to get my compressor and 5 piece air kit and get spraying sort of a ready to run thing is this how its going to be? or wil i have a lot of problems? cheers ,builldog

5. Village Idiot

Village Idiot New Member

if you are spraying something that requires a good finish, make sure there is a water trap installed, this is a type of filter that removes the water out of the air so it does not get to the spraygun

6. bulldog

bulldog New Member

where can i get 1 from how much are they etc? thanks bulldog

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot New Member

what part of the country are you in? i use local suppliers but thats up in inverness, i will try & find others in england & post link

8. bulldog

bulldog New Member

england manchester how much are they roughly thanks alot bulldog

9. Village Idiot

Village Idiot New Member

i will post tomorrow once ive spoken to a couple of people, will have more info then

10. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

11. Village Idiot

Village Idiot New Member

thanks HMad, saved me a phone call to hydrasun, the one you found is £30 but thats exactly the chappy thats needed

12. bulldog

bulldog New Member

what hapens if i wasnt to buy 1?

13. Village Idiot

Village Idiot New Member

there is the possibility of the moisture in the air making its way into the paint as you are spraying & making a mess of the paint coat

14. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

The regulator is needed for any sensible spraying to, else you will spray loads of air and paint, which would waste paint, and would be imposible to get any finish at all.
    Its possible the compresor you looking at will have a built in regulator though.

15. bulldog

bulldog New Member

how could i find this out??

16. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

I have just checked the spec, it DOES have a built in regulator, but youll still need a filter.

17. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

18. bulldog

bulldog New Member

thanks could anyone tell me wich conector to get for the 5 peice air kit to conect it to the compressor and where about on the compressor would the filter go and would i have to buy any extra fitings etc thnks age bulldog

19. Village Idiot

Village Idiot New Member

you have the choice of UNI or PCL fittings, look in screwfix under air tools & scroll down to find
    it has been a while since i assembled one so you will have to wait for Hitachimad for correct order but i think its filter/regulator/oiler, in this case you do NOT need an oiler, its for people who use various air tools that need lubrication, the last thing you want is oil coming through with the paint
    if you have any doubts about assembly, get someone who knows what they are doing to assemble it for you

20. bulldog

bulldog New Member

ok cheers i only want it for spraying isit cheaper to buy the 5 peice kit or just a spraygun and airline?