Concealed cistern

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by flat, Jul 21, 2021 at 2:31 PM.

1. flat

flat New Member

Our cistern was constantly leaking into the bowl. So I have purchased some fluid master parts from SF
    My outlet pipe is 1 1/2. Do I need to buy another seal?
    What stops the water coming out from inbetween the outlet pipe and the inside of the flush pipe work? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Well-Known Member

Is there no coupling nut and washer? I seem to remember I’ve had this problem with fluidmaster that they don’t provide one.

Attached Files:

3. flat

flat New Member

No you just get the following. Which is ok but I don’t know what I need my old one was this one which had another seal. But these don’t fit the fluid master
    Thanks

Attached Files:

4. pppmacca43

So you need to get from the flush pipe to the thread on the bottom of the syphon? If so u need the flushpipe nut and washer I put up above, unless I’m misunderstanding you. It’s ridiculous these aren’t supplied with them tbh.
    I’m not sure screwfix sell the nut and washer separately, u might have to buy a cheap syphon (£4.60)and take the parts off that.

Attached Files:

5. flat

flat New Member

I think I need to seal around the flush pipe in between the outer part of the flush pipe and the new dual flush internal. It’s on the dual flush. The outlet is 1 1/2 inch. The supplied seal stops water from leaking from inside when not flushing with the nut on the outside. But if I flushed it would just leak around the sides of the outlet pipe.
    My old flush had a seal around this bit of the pipe but this kit does not. Maybe I bought the wrong thing.
    Wishing I just lived with the small leak into the bowl. Better than no toilet.
    thanks
    Sorry if I’m confusing over the parts

6. pppmacca43

Yeah u need the bits I have said by the sounds of it then. Why they don’t come with that syphon I don’t know, it’s stupid

Attached Files:

7. flat

flat New Member

This isn’t a siphon or does it not matter? For a 550073 toilet cistern dual flush cable valve.
    Would your suggested nut and washer from the siphon go on first?
    Then the supplied nut with this package go on the outside to secure it to the cistern? thanks again

8. pppmacca43

Sorry that’s me being lazy with my terminology calling it a syphon.
    So with the flush valve u have a nut and washer to tighten it up through the cistern but nothing to then connect it to the flushpipe?
    What u would do is get a new nut and washer as suggested above, and slide that down onto the flushpipe ready. U then put the flush valve through the hole and tighten on the nut and flat faced washer to tighten it up through the cistern. Now you should have the threaded part of the cistern sitting over the flushpipe as it looks like it is in one of your original photos, you then slide the coned washer up and tighten the nut up onto the threads to give u a seal between the flush valve and pipe.
    The thread on the bottom of your flush valve is the same as the one on the syphon I reccomended buying, so u can use the round bottom nut and coned washer from that on your flush valve

9. pppmacca43

Bit of a pain buying another syphon but it’s probably the cheapest/quickest/easiest way, and u will be left with a good fluidmaster flush valve that is easy to get parts for and that u can replace from above without taking apart if problems occur in future