Concealed electric shower?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by shortplank, Jun 28, 2008.

1. shortplank

shortplank New Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is such as thing as a concealed electric shower? i.e. the actual unit is behind/above the shower similar to a pump on a mixer shower.

I'm about to embark on re-fitting the ensuite would like to get rid of the white (or silver!) box on the wall just leaving the dials. I guess the obvious answer is to go for a mixer shower instead, but I'm concerned that I may not get as good a pressure than with a standard electric one.

Cheers,
    steve.

2. tgs

tgs New Member

Although electric showers give a decent pressure the flow rate even on the most powerful is not good.

However, if you want a remote shower this one (26130) from Triton is one such. It is expensive and the control box is not much smaller than a single box shower.

I think other manufacturers do one which has a smaller panel but I can't think which one offhand.

A pumped mixer shower will always beat an electric shower hands down.

3. fido

fido New Member

I've never heard of such a thing. You must have access for maintenance with any electric appliance. You could consider a power shower with remote pump.

4. rome60

rome60 New Member

Look at Mira & Aqualisa web they do digital showers with remote units containing the pump which can be sited up to 3 mets away from the shower.Needs hot & cold supply to pump unit from there you run 1 mixer pipe Plus low voltage cable to control in shower enclosure.;)

5. shortplank

shortplank New Member

thanks for the amazingly quick replies!

I'm thinking that I am gonna go down the pumped mixer option but was interested if concealed electrics exist, as I've currently got an electric in there so would be easier than swapping to a mixer shower - and you can't run out of hot water!

I had seen Triton shower mentioned and I think that's pretty much the nearest I'll get to it.

I'm currently looking at getting something like the Triton Sentiment (64707) and Salamander 1.5bar pump (46231) which brings the cost nicely to around £250.

Thanks

6. shortplank

shortplank New Member

rome60 - thanks. I have looked at the aqualise ones like you mention an was interested in them, however I don't really want to spend that much this time round.

In the next house maybe ... :)