concrete pumping?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by simon cook, Mar 30, 2020.

1. simon cook

simon cook New Member

Hi to all,

I built a summer house 10 years ago, I was out of work at the time and built it on a shoestring budget using recycled wood etc.. I used roofing joists to suspended the flooring and for a few years everything was peachy.
    The last year or so the floor has become spongy and my V heavy slate pool table is bouncing!
    So the time has come to re lay the flooring ideally using a concrete base. my problem is I live in possibly the worst house in the world to get things delivered to, right in the corner of a green with houses on all sides.

My Question is this, Does anyone have any experience in pumping concrete to these sorts of locations? As its only a small amount I thought that some companies may have issues. I have asked for a few quotes and have not received any back as yet (which I understand under the circumstances)

The summer house is 5.5 M x 7 M , I have added a map of summerhouse if it helps.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Regards Simon

Attached Files:

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

It’s not the area of the summerhouse that’s the issue rather if the length of the hose could reach in order to pump direct. Is there outside access for a wheelbarrow run?

3. simon cook

simon cook New Member

yes, but was trying to avoid the back break!

4. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

- who's?

I've just had 7.5m3 delivered by barrowmix and they made it look easy. I was chatting, and they said they've done some challenging barrow runs. I'd ask your local companies, perhaps with a google maps image, if they can do it.